Saturday, April 18, 2009

On our way to Area 51 son!

I don’t even know where to begin. It’s only been two days and already we’ve seen prehistoric dinosaurs, bowling Indians, crop fires, spitting camels and even a Zedonk, which is the uninspired name of a zebra crossed with a donkey, which, according to Wikipedia, “Is bred just because it’s funny to look at”.

As I write this Jamal and I are somewhere in Arizona, although I really couldn’t say where. Endless landscapes of mountains and terrain glide past us and while we haven’t seen any waves of grain yet, iiiiil bet they’ll be colored amber. Looks like we’re going to stay in Phoenix tonight as my buttocks need some serious help circulating blood and Insight is telling us we’re only 30 minutes away, which is nice as without the GPS I could honestly say we’d be in Oregon.

And man, this trip is blowing my mind. This country is BIG. I mean, I knew it was big before, but I had no idea of just how big “big” actually means. And what an amazing time of year to do this – when Jamal asked me if I wanted to go on this trip one of the reasons I was so exited is that late-spring early summer is a magical time of year. I always picture life on a farm this time of year – maybe I just watch too much Charlotte’s Web.

And lemme just say, Camels rock. Jamal and I stopped off at a camel farm today that happened to house a whole bunch of other wild animals. We saw some Scillian miniature horses that look as funny as they sound, this real dope Ox-looking thing with horns straight out of the movie Legend, and, of course, the Camels. Camels are kinda tempermental and do this weird thing where they puff out the inside of their cheek to say hello. It looks really funny and looking at the Camel you kinda get the sense they understand this too.

And that’s that for now. We’re gonna hunker down in AZ tonight and then make our way all the way to Roswell.

450 Miles can kiss my gas.

- Leebo

No comments:

Post a Comment